TUESDAY *June 14th *
I spent the morning with my friend Brittney and her kids. We went to Target looking for her a swim suit because we were planning to go to a waterpark that weekend. After swim suit shopping we ended up at Lowe’s while she looked for her dad a father’s day gift and stuff. It was a nice morning just chilling and tagging along on her shopping trip. It was nice to get away from the house. Then we had lunch and she had more stuff to do that afternoon so she dropped me off at the apartment.
That afternoon, Aaron and I made a spontaneous trip to Alexandria Bay, NY. It was about a 35 minute trip, not far at all. We ended up taking a boat ride to see Boldt Castle. We got to walk around inside the castle (which definitely isn’t as cool as the castles in Europe) and stuff. It wasn’t as great because they’ve remodeled the castle and it doesn’t look anything like the original *they showed pictures*
But the outside was beautiful and the water surrounding it was too. It was cool going on the boat ride there because we were the only ones on it on the ride over. It was a pretty quiet day, just walking around and viewing the beautiful place. Here are a few pictures…
These show the updated rooms and the way they used to look
And here's some more...
We also would have LOVED to cross this bridge….yep, it’s the bridge to CANADA, but yep, no passports : ( but I still had to get a picture of it!
WEDNESDAY *June 15th*
Aaron and I had a picnic at Thompson Park. After eating we walked about 6 miles walking the beautiful trails, we definitely got our exercise in, by the end of it my legs were burning from a steep hill we had to walk up for FOREVER lol. Gotta love being in the mountain/hilly area! I took random pictures of myself cause I was having way too much fun
Thursday *June 16th*
Aaron had CQ on Thursday. CQ is a 24 hour shift where they “guard” whatever they’re in charge of “guarding.” In this case, Aaron was supposed to man a desk at one of the barracks. So at 8:30 I took him to CQ and dropped him off.
After I left, I went and picked up my friend Jessica and her baby Leon. I had invited them out to walk around the park with me like Aaron and I had done the day before because I felt so good after that good walk and exercise. We enjoyed a nice, but hot walk. Pushing the stroller and the sun beating down on us the whole time (cause we couldn’t take the paths with trees and shade with the stoller, there were too many stairs) it was really hot so we didn’t stay as long as I had hoped for, but the conversation was nice and to get out with Jess was fun. We walked 5K, but by the time we made it around to the car we were pooped, and lil Leon was sweating even though all he had to do was sit in the stroller while WE pushed and WE walked lol
*After dropping them off I went home and made some sausage bread for the Yorks. Brittney and Sam have been amazing friends since we’ve been up here, they’re so nice and I kinda wanted to make it to say Thank You for letting us use their washer and dryer sometimes so we don’t always have to go to the Laundromat.
I brought Aaron lunch and we played some Nertz for an hour or so and then I went to the Yorks and dropped off the sausage bread. I then headed home to get the computer and make brownies for Aaron while he was on his shift. At that time I decided to take a shower and get movies, games, and candy so I could stay with him for a while until it came night time.
Well, I ended up staying up with him throughout his whole shift. We barely made it. And yes, I’ll admit I went to sleep in the car when he had to go turn in some of his army stuff and when he went back to finish off his shift. So, I stayed awake for all but an hour of the 24 hour shift…I definitely feel sorry for those guys. It was so boring and I had Aaron around, I can’t even imagine what it would have been like to be alone for that long, it was definitely a LONG SHIFT!!
Needless to say, FRIDAY when we finally got home after his shift, it was about 11, we got showers, ate lunch and PASSED OUT!! There was a “ladies night” but I was way too pooped to go. Im sad that I didn’t too because it was the last one that all of us were able to get together before we leave and then everyone else starts leaving after us.
SATURDAY
We went to a waterpark with the Yorks, their two kids, the Morris’s and one single soldier I never really got to talk to him so I don’t really know his name…but it was a fun filled day. It was small, definitely not as great as the ones down south, but for NY it was pretty awesome. Im just glad the weather wasn’t too cold. There was wind, and there were chill bumps, and I could see mountains…haha the water was even HEATED in all but one ride, but we rode almost all the rides and had a GREAT day. I even came back with weird burns in random splotchy places because apparently our sunscreen splattered on weird?! But it’s turning into a tan and it was my first real GOOD tan for the summer!! Can’t wait to perfect it once we get to Texas.
GETTING CAUGHT UP:
We’re leaving this week. On Thursday. I did some major cleaning today around the house and I’ll probably start packing on Wednesday since we don’t have too much to pack, it shouldn’t take a whole day to pack everything. Aaron’s just trying to finish all he needs to do with clearing and then we should be Texas bound at midnight of the 24th!! AMEN!!
WOO HOO!!! Glad the two of you have been having so much fun! That a blessing from God. Drive careful!!!
ReplyDelete