Let me tell you, after much waiting, much debate about waiting even longer, and much prayer we were both happy with our decision. Yes, we did miss having our parents and siblings and some friends being a part of our big day, but we're planning to have another ceremony for friends and family to witness the "renewing of our vows" when he gets back.
I ended up staying in NY for a little over a month. Thankfully, we had some amazingly generous people that allowed us to crash at their places and invade their family and togetherness time. I can never thank them enough! I got to meet a lot of amazing people while i was there and hopefully made some lifelong friends.
Aaron left for Kuwait 4/22 (Thursday) and he and his group arrived on Friday. They're now supposed to fly to Afghanistan within the day. So please pray for him and his group. I had the opportunity to meet a few of the guys Aaron is going to work along side with and although they are some nice people, there are many who are desperately in need of Jesus.
I moved back to Waco so that i could be closer to family during this time that Aaron's going to be gone. We both agreed i should be close to home for a good support system. Right now im living with my parents while im looking for an apartment and a job. Hopefully i can keep busy enough so i won't be too lonely without my husband. He's only supposed to be gone for a year so im praying this year goes by extremely fast because i miss him sooo already!!
No comments:
Post a Comment