
Who knew a phone call could mean so much.
Aaron and i got to talk on facebook for just a few minutes when he first made it to Kuwait on Thursday. He was doing well, just tired from the LONG day of traveling and hungry because he didn't like the airplane food at all "it smelled bad" he said haha. I was hoping to get a phone call or meet up with him online again before he left there for Afghanistan but had no such luck.
From some of the other army wives whose husbands have deployed with him, i've been able to keep track of where he most likely is. Those women have been lucky enough to get calls almost everyday from their husbands. I had not been so lucky. I must have missed the memo telling me to send Aaron with a calling card. [live and learn]
It's been almost a week. And i feel like a baby (i feel like im whinning) waiting for him to call...i have my phone with me every second of the day and have it on loud just so i won't "accidentally" miss a call from him. My heart leaps every time i hear it ring.
AARON FINALLY CALLED!! I had been praying for this night and day since he left Kuwait. Last night especially, i was aching to hear from him and i stayed up till 1 just praying and praying that he would somehow get a chance to call me soon.
GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS! This morning at 1:30am i got a phone call from him. Sadly i was so out of it we didn't talk but for 2 1/2 minutes (literally) and i cannot recall much of what was said.
But that's OK... I can't do anything about that now. At least I heard his voice and it made me happy!! Now I'm waiting for the next phone call and i pray that i'll be alert enough to actually have a decent conversation with him. And im also praying that he'll call soon...even though it's going to be hard since he doesn't have a calling card yet and is relying on other people's "precious phone minutes"
** I'm trying to stay positive. It's pretty hard, but im hoping to get involved in church and a Sunday school with some people that i can fellowship with and have a support group.
--My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26--
No comments:
Post a Comment