Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dear October,

We’re almost at the halfway mark for this month. Im almost able to say that another month has gone by and I survived this deployment…and life!
Things with the boys are still on a see-saw. I have no idea what’s going to come of the situation, but I’ve done my part so that’s all I can really do.
I’ve got some good news. Rumor has it that back in NY the FRG is preparing for the soldiers’ homecoming February 21st. Now im not going to hold my breath on this particular date, but I know me and some of the other wives are feeling pretty good about hearing this amazing news. You see, February is only about 4 months away, as opposed to waiting 6 months (because really this month is only 6 months down). So Feb. is definitely looking good.!
I know Aaron is definitely ready to be home. Every time we talk on the phone he tries to make plans for “When I get back…” It’s exciting but it also makes the time seem like it’s going slow on purpose just so 4 months will feel like 6.

Right now there is some good news from Afghanistan. Aaron is going to rank up to being a Specialist on November 1st. And also he isn’t going to be going on missions for at least two weeks. His job right now is CP, which is guarding the radios. He’s not working with his platoon, he’s working with the men on guard and making sure they change the radios out every few hours and making sure they get their meals and have enough water and stuff. He’s working different hours than his platoon, working all night and sleeping during the day, while they’re sleeping at night and going on missions during the day. But he says the men he’s working with on CP are really cool and he’s enjoying the change. Praise God, two weeks of not so much worry because he won’t be out on missions!

Im applying for college so I can take a few classes next semester at MCC. I’ll probably just be taking a few online classes so IF I end up moving up to NY when Aaron gets back home, it won’t be too much trouble and I can still complete the classes. Im ready to get my degree! The process my parents are going through with the adoption of my two little sisters, and the process that I’ve had to go through trying to help out my cousin’s two little boys with CPS has definitely made me want to hurry up and get my degree so I can go help children like these and doing it to the best of my ability.

My computer had been acting funny the past few months. Randomly beeping at me, freezing in the middle of some tasks, and just randomly not turning on or off when needed. My parents got their computer looked at and were told theirs was pretty much dead, and since we both had the same kind for the same amount of years and have put them through a lot (brownouts in Poland and moving them around for 6 years) it was inevitable that we were going to need new computers soon. So yesterday after looking for deals, my dad and I went out and bought laptops. One for me and one for my mom. So here I am, typing on my new laptop. And im so thankful to have one that’s not rude and beeping at me! Haha

I had a good talk with my friend Jessica this morning. It’s been a while since we’ve talked ever since she moved to Mississippi. But im so thankful for the conversation, and to hear that she’s doing well and is really happy being closer to her boyfriend and all.
Now if only I could get a call from my husband today, I’d say this has been a pretty amazing day!

Please continue to pray for the safety of my husband and all the other soldiers defending our country! May God bless them all!


This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.
1 John 5:14-15

2 comments:

  1. I love getting to read your blog updates! Its great. Im glad things are going good for you. I really hope the "rumor" is true. That would be great. Anyways, Im going to start writing my blog update. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I HATE the idea of you moving to New York again....I think February would be great for Aaron to come back. I don't want you to move to another city because I know I will be seeing you less, but I'm glad we have had this time together just us two. I will gladly share (not give up my sister time tho) with Aaron when he gets back! I am proud of your efforts to go back to school and I love you. I'm praying for his safety and your situations as well here in the states. YOU ROCK MY WORLD SISTA! Life wouldn't be the same without you in my life <3

    ReplyDelete